February 10, 2021
76 min Read
100 Proven Ways to Make Money Online in the Philippines from Home
Due to the pandemic, a lot of businesses closed down. Some went into self-preservation mode and cut their number of employees in half. These translated to thousands, if not millions, of Filipinos losing their livelihood. Fortunately, we all live in the age of the internet. There are literally a hundred ways to make money online. Some will earn you hundreds of pesos a day while some have the potential to bring in thousands per hour. The list you are about to see now is perhaps the most comprehensive list (not in any order) ever made on money making ideas. The amount of money you can make depends on your skill, experience, and the time you’re willing to spend on it. Let’s start. How to Make Money Online in The Philippines [The Most Comprehensive List]
- Start a dropshipping business
- Earn commissions through affiliate marketing
- Become a live seller on Facebook
- Teach English to non-English speakers
- Start easy with data entry jobs
- Become a YouTuber
- Sell your videos online
- Live stream your hobbies and talents
- Create an online course
- Sell homemade food online
- Answer online paid surveys
- Start a profitable blog
- Create and sell your own crafts
- Sell your illustrations online
- Publish your own ebook
- Write stories on Wattpad
- Start a podcast show
- Sell stock images online
- Design and sell shirts online
- Design a logo
- Design brochures and invitations
- Create gorgeous PowerPoint and Prezi presentations
- Become a landing page specialist
- Help others through coaching (or consulting)
- Get paid by answering questions
- Distribute your original music online
- Teach music online
- Helps students through online tutoring
- Become a video editor
- Become an online researcher
- Transcribe videos and audios
- Turn interviews and podcasts into articles
- Try mechanical turk jobs
- Become a software tester
- Provide virtual assistance
- Become a language translator
- Build an ecommerce website
- Sell on Lazada or Shopee
- Start a SaaS company
- Offer software development services
- Start a white label business
- Resell web hosting services
- Sell advertising space
- Narrate audiobooks and voice-overs
- Be an Instagram influencer
- Write articles for companies
- Offer content marketing services
- Become an online journalist
- Become a freelance copywriter
- Earn by proofreading content
- Write business plans
- Offer legal writing services
- Write cover letters for others
- Become a LinkedIn guru
- Be a travel consultant or agent
- Buy and sell websites
- Buy and sell domains
- Offer tech support services
- Solicit orders as a telemarketer
- Trade and invest in stocks
- Earn money from Forex trading
- Cryptocurrency mining
- Rent your spare room on Airbnb
- Open a digital bills payment business
- Start an e-loading business
- Become an online fitness trainer
- Offer database consultancy services
- Offer system integration services
- Become a marketing consultant
- Start a digital marketing agency
- Offer SEO services
- Offer search engine marketing services
- Manage social media handles
- Become a social media marketer
- Become an advertising manager
- Offer digital public relations services
- Find and sell leads to businesses
- Become an online counselor
- Manage projects remotely
- Become a website designer
- Develop WordPress themes
- Develop WordPress plugins
- Become a mobile app developer
- Build a Chrome extension
- Become a game developer
- Become an ethical hacker
- Become a data analyst
- Become an expert in machine learning and AI
- Participate in online focus groups
- Earn from cashback websites
- Create a membership website
- Offer Peer-to-peer lending
- Start a crowdfunding campaign
- Become an online HR consultant
- Sell your knowledge and expertise
- Earn money from designing newsletters
- Become an email marketing specialist
- Offer bookkeeping services
- Become a real estate agent (or a broker)
- Selling insurance policies online
1. Start a dropshipping businessWith dropshipping, you’re selling products even if you don’t have any stock in hand. Basically, your products are stored somewhere else and whenever someone buys, the products are delivered to them straight from the warehouse. How much money can you make with dropshipping? Well, a certain Marc Chapon was featured in Spocket for earning more than 800k in three months by dropshipping US and European products. The beauty of dropshipping is that you can basically run this business anywhere without having your own stocks or warehouse. Even if you’re from the Philippines, you can sell products and dropship them to Americans and Europeans. Further reading: Even if dropshipping is lucrative, there’s a lot of capital involved — including money and effort. That’s why you have to tread carefully since you could lose a lot of money here. Check out how to start dropshipping in the Philippines.
2. Earn commissions through affiliate marketingAffiliate marketing is as old as the concept of marketing and sales. The very essence of affiliate marketing is that you earn a commission for marketing a product or service and making sales from your efforts. One of the most successful affiliate marketers is Charles Ngo. He made a buzz on a lot of income websites when he reportedly made more than 50 million pesos a year back in 2017. Although affiliate marketing is usually linked to blogging, there are other methods to do affiliate marketing without building a blog (or a website in general). Some use ads while others utilize social media. Many people have also started using their YouTube videos to promote products. Further reading: There are a lot of websites online that teach people how to start with affiliate marketing. One of the best articles out there that we have read about affiliate marketing is this tutorial from Big Commerce written by a successful affiliate marketer named Adam Enfroy.
3. Become a live seller on FacebookIf you’re active on Facebook, you must’ve already seen the massive increase of online sellers on Facebook. That’s because there’s virtually no cost in using Facebook as a marketplace aside from the things you will be selling. The live feature of Facebook allows any users to directly sell products to their friends. If you want to start live selling on Facebook, the most common items being sold right now (with a lot of custom base) include:
- Stuff toys
4. Teach English to non-English speakersESL (English as a second language) teaching has been around for quite some time. There are many institutions and schools that accept both non-Filipino and foreign students who want to learn English. Because of the pandemic, there’s a lot of focus on ESL online teaching. There are many platforms out there that offer ESL teaching remote jobs like 51Talk, Bizmates, and Weblio. Naturally, you can also find your own customers through Facebook and LinkedIn. But most ESL online teachers start by making use of those platforms mentioned earlier. Further reading: Teaching online without any experience could be quite intimidating. That’s why we thought you might like this guide from Home Based Pinoy about how to become an online ESL teacher with no experience.
5. Start easy with data entry jobsData entry typically involves typing out information into a document (usually a spreadsheet or a scanned PDF). Naturally, the faster you type, the more money you could earn since you can take more jobs. The easiest way to find such data entry jobs is through freelance platforms like OnlineJobs and Upwork. Here’s an example of a typical data entry job you can find on OnlineJobs: Since data entry jobs don’t require technical knowledge or skills, it’s one of the lowest services you can offer. But that doesn’t mean you should take it lightly since you can always bundle it up with other services like data mining and other typing jobs. Further reading: If you want to read more about data entry jobs, you can check out this Flexjob’s data entry article.
6. Become a YouTuberAre you familiar with Wil Dasovich, the late Lloyd Cadena, or Alex Gonzaga? There are popular YouTubers in the Philippines with millions of subscribers and followers. These people are earning hundreds of thousands per month from their YouTube videos alone. For example, Social Blade estimates that Wil Dasovich’s main channel earns somewhere from 25k pesos to 350k pesos a month. In the past, YouTubers earned simply from the ads generated by their channels. Now, there are more creative ways to earn on YouTube like selling merchandise, brand sponsorship, and affiliate marketing. Further reading: Starting a YouTube channel will only require you a phone and an internet connection. But to make it big, you have to make certain things right. Influencer Marketing Hub has created a nice checklist for aspiring YouTubers out there.Unscreen, you can become YouTube’s next competitor. At the start, you really have to be specific about your niche and your targeted customers to keep the traction going. Further reading: Unscreen declares you can make more than 200k pesos a month from selling video. Whether that’s exaggerated or not, what’s clear is that your videos have to click with your target audience first. Check out this article from Unscreen to learn more.
8. Live stream your hobbies and talentsIf you’re not a fan of recording videos yourself, you can just stream yourself live while doing your hobbies (like gaming) and other interesting activities you do. There’s a reason why you see a lot of young people live-streaming their Mobile Legends session on Facebook or on Twitch. A lot of sources like Brave indicate that successful streamers can easily earn more than 150k a month. If there’s one industry that persists even with the pandemic, it’s the entertainment industry. Alodia is an example of a live-streamer on Facebook who has thousands of viewers per session. But beware that there are thousands more who are trying their luck in live-streaming. Those who were able to make it on the top are usually those with good humor, popularity, or a pleasing personality. Further reading: Live-streaming could get really expensive. If you want to take it seriously, you have to buy a lot of equipment to make your streaming worthwhile. Before investing in it, read these streaming guides from TechLoot and PCMag.Blogging for New Bloggers: You can also sell your online courses on marketplaces like Udemy and Skillshare. Creating an online course can be lucrative, especially when you already have a loyal following. It’s better to increase your credibility first by either blogging, podcasting, or writing a book. Further reading: Creating an online course isn’t easy. There are a lot of things you have to do including shooting a video or recording the steps you’re teaching. To get started, read through this guide from Learn Worlds.
10. Sell homemade food onlineOne of the most brilliant ideas you can have for an online business is selling homemade food. If you get this off successfully, it’s possible that you never have to find any other job again (and might possibly hire others instead). Here’s an example of homemade food posted and sold on Facebook: Three of the best places to sell food are on Facebook, Instagram, and via a WordPress website. You would also need lots of pictures to entice customers to buy your food. Since you will be selling food in the Philippines, you should at least know about the food safety requirements and prohibited acts like producing or selling food or food products that do not have the applicable food quality or else been declared as a banned food product. You can read more about it in the Official Gazette of the Philippines. Further reading: Before starting your own homemade foods business, read this article first from Quicksprout. The article outlines everything you need to do starting from preparing a good business plan down to marketing your food.
11. Answer online paid surveysLots of companies hire out firms to gather information about their prospective customers. One of the ways they do this is by giving out surveys anyone could answer. In exchange, the participants could earn a few pesos per survey or some kind of incentive like vouchers. Here’s an example of a website, TGM Panel, that has interesting surveys anyone could participate in exchange for rewards: Unfortunately, not all of these websites cater to Filipinos. Aside from the TGM panel, you can also try MOBROG and YouGov. Further reading: Be wary though since there are a few websites that don’t pay their participants (even though they promised to). If you’re keen on trying out survey websites, check out Survey Police’s list of top user-rated Philippine survey sites.
12. Start a profitable blogIn the early days, blogging started as a way for individuals to talk about their interests in diary-style entries. Nothing has changed much since then except that now, there are various ways to earn through blogging. The most common methods of blog monetization include:
- Affiliate marketing
- Selling products and services
- Displaying ads
13. Create and sell your own craftsWith the recent lockdowns, many Filipinos were left to their own devices. This increase in creativity resulted in the creation of various arts and crafts like pottery, furniture, and handmade jewelry. Naturally, you can see these items online — on Facebook, Instagram, or even on a dedicated marketplace like Etsy and Karton (as shown in the image below). You can even sell your arts and crafts in other countries with the use of international marketplaces. You can check out this awesome list of such marketplaces from Cratejoy. Further reading: It’s good if you already have an idea or two about what craft you want to make. But if nothing comes to mind, check this list from DIY Joy and SelluSeller for things you can make and sell online.
14. Sell your illustrations onlineIf you love creating designs and illustrations, you can actually sell your work online and make money. Whatever design platform or tool you’re using, there’s always a market for quality designs. Buyers usually use these designs on their own merchandise. Basically, you will be selling the licenses of your work and allow the buyers to use it anyway they want, whether personal or commercial. One of the places where you can sell is Creative Market. The awesome part about this is that selling your illustrations would provide you with a passive income. As long as your designs aren’t exclusive to one user only, interested buyers will still be able to purchase your designs even if you designed them years ago. Further reading: Some designers opt to extend this opportunity to directly creating their own merchandise items like shirts, hoods, or mugs. But you can also sell your designs directly with the use of specific platforms. Check Designhill’s list of places to sell your design online.blog article on his website that he has already sold more than 1,328 copies amounting to over 430k in earnings. Selling ebook is even easier if you already have a following that’s eager to read more about your content. Consider starting a blog first or establishing a social media presence before publishing your own ebook. Further reading: This is a lucrative method, yes, but it’s also a bit more complicated than you think. If you want to start writing and publishing your own ebook, better check out this great guide from Love and Paper Flowers.Forbes. Over the years, Wattpad introduced different features, like the Wattpad Paid Stories program, to help its authors earn money from their stories. In addition to that, they would also help successful authors land a deal with book publishing companies. Further reading: At the start, you may not be able to land deals with major publishing companies. However, if you’re actively writing on Wattpad, the time will come when you could use its Paid Stories program.
- Affiliate marketing
25. Get paid by answering questionsWith Quora and Reddit around, it’s almost absurd to think that people will pay others just to answer some of their questions. But it’s real. In fact, on some websites like JustAnswer, you could earn at least a thousand pesos per successful answer. For this to work, you should only answer questions from areas you’re most knowledgeable in. You just can’t Google the answer and repeat it on the form. Most websites will require you to prove yourself about a certain industry or niche. Further reading: Many people will find this method of earning money easy and simple. But remember that there’s a reason why people from these websites are paying for the answer — they can’t probably find it anywhere else. For more of these websites, check out this list from Self Made Sucess.LANDR. If you want to know more distribution channels, check out Supreme Tracks’s list of music distribution platforms and digital music stores. Further reading: Selling music is one of the most unique ways to earn money online. Since it’s unique, you may not be able to find one someone who sells music online from your own network. If you need a guide, check out this article from The Bandzoogle Blog.TeacherOn to your music teaching service. To find students, you have to learn a thing or two about online marketing strategies. There are a lot of interested Filipinos. But they wouldn’t reach out to you if they don’t know about your services in the first place. Further reading: If you want to get started with teaching music online, there’s this webinar series from The Royal Conservatory. There are three series, each with six sessions, with the goal of helping you start your online music teaching career.Kumon is common (no pun intended). But since the nation-wide lockdown has started, students are confined to their own homes and attend to school responsibilities via modules and online classes. Unfortunately, not all parents have free time to tutor their children, especially on subjects that they themselves aren’t that good at. That’s why becoming an online tutor for students in Math, English, or any other subject is a good idea right now. Tutor Hunt is a good place to start your own tutoring services. What’s amazing is that you really don’t need to be a teacher to be a tutor. As long as you know the subject and you’re confident enough, there will be parents who are eager to book you for your services. Further reading: Although it’s not as complicated as some of the online money-making activities on this list, it will still help if you know how to set up the basics. Kathy Alameda wrote on BookWidgets a step-by-step guide on how to become an online tutor.PeoplePerHour alone, there are hundreds of requests for video editing. Getting started as a video editor is easier than you think. However, you need to show some proof that you’re capable of what the client will be requested from you. Further reading: If you want to make money online with video editing, here’s an awesome guide from the BorrowLenses blog.Center for Online Education. You will learn how to prepare for research, how to evaluate sources for credibility, and more.PayScale’s data). But if you work with an international client, you could earn anywhere from 500 pesos an hour to as high as 2,500 pesos an hour. It may seem easy at first glance. After all, how hard is it to listen to a sound file and transcribe every word you hear? Unfortunately, it’s harder than you think. Depending on the quality of the sound file, transcribing an hour’s worth of audio could take you more than five hours. Further reading: If this is something that fits you, read this guide first published on the Day Translations website.Indie Hackers: Although many of these jobs are “hourly”, you can always ask for a fixed-price arrangement. It’s a win-win solution for you and the client since the price is fixed whether or not it will take you 10 hours or 100 hours to do the job. Further reading: Check out this article by Sara Bussandri to learn more.Amazon Mechanical Turk or MTurk is a marketplace where you can find macro jobs that you can perform virtually like data validation, research, content moderation, and others. One of the best examples of a mechanical turk job is tagging images. The reason why you’re able to search for images using search engines (or even use an image as the search query itself) is that most images you see online are tagged with keywords. However, there are still a lot of them that aren’t tagged. Fortunately, creating a worker account here is free. Further reading: You could earn anywhere from 50 pesos to a few hundred pesos per hour with tagging images. The faster you work, the more you could earn. Aside from MTurk, there are a few places where you can find such opportunities like on Clickworker and even on Online Jobs PH.JobStreet PH, most companies pay software testers anywhere around 20k to 40k pesos. Depending on the company you will be working with, some may ask you for software tester certifications. However, there are a lot, especially local ones, who don’t really care about these certifications as long as you can answer their questions during the interview. Further reading: The truth is, not every aspiring software tester has a computer science background (or anything related to programming). Cassandra Leung wrote an article on the Ministry of Testing website about how you could become a software tester even without a computer science degree.Making Sense of Cents, Kayla Sloan shared in an interview how she was able to make 450,000 pesos a month as a virtual assistant. There are different types of virtual assistants. There’s the general virtual assistant who’s like a jack of all trades. There’s also a social media virtual assistant, ecommerce virtual assistant, admin virtual assistant, and more. Further reading: The good news here is that you can start working as a virtual assistant even without experience. Work Pajama created a comprehensive guide about that and even discussed the skills you need to become successful.SimplyHired and JobStreet. Further reading: There may be thousands of languages, but the translation jobs are more or less the same. If you want to become a translator, check out this seven-step guide from FluentU.Google Trends) how the term “ecommerce” spike from April to June of 2020: Although there are now platforms like Lazada and Shopify where anybody can upload their own products, nothing still beats having your own website hosted on a quality hosting service like z.com. With a WordPress website, you can build your own ecommerce store using the WooCommerce plugin. In addition, having a website of your own gets you more control and flexible over your online store. Further reading: Building an ecommerce website isn’t that simple. It has to have an “online store” functionality to it where visitors can browse the product listings. Check out this article from Website Builder Expert on how to build an ecommerce website.711EYESTORE is an example of an online store on Lazada that has thousands of followers. You can sell almost anything at Lazada and Shopee except for weapons, obscene images, toxic chemicals, and other prohibited items. Further reading: Selling on either Lazada or Shopee is straightforward. But if you want a step-by-step guide on it, iMoney has an awesome article about it.Neil Patel’s blog the steps he took when he started his own company. Overall, Ryan spent almost 2 million pesos to get his software idea off the ground. If you don’t have that capital but you’re certain your software would work, you can search for investors or even learn how to create the software yourself. Further reading: Since you need a large capital to start your own SaaS company, you really need to be careful since mistakes could be fatal, financially-speaking. To learn more about this, check out Bplans’s article.Austin Tackaberry shared on FreeCodeCamp how he we able to achieve it in 9 months while working full time.SEOReseller). When starting a white label business, make sure to vet your suppliers. Bad products can hurt your brand. Further reading: In a sense, starting a white label business is less time-consuming than building or creating your own product. There’s already a proven blueprint of success in place. If you want to learn more about starting a white label business, check out Vendasta’s article about it.Lifewire, you can generate a hundred pesos per month if you could attract and bring in just one customer a day. Naturally, that depends on the package of the source web hosting service. If you could get a package for a lower price, then you could have higher earnings if you’re able to sell the service at a higher price. Further reading: Reselling web hosting services is affordable. It’s also a great way to start up your own online business. If you want to know about reselling web hosting services, we have a guide for you on how to get started as a web host reseller.Full Time Blog website how he was able to earn more than a million pesos in the third quarter of 2020 alone from partnering with AdThrive. But it doesn’t mean you can easily earn that much next month. Ad revenue operates on a cost-per-click and impression-per-thousand basis. In short, you need to have lots of visitors to be able to earn considerably from displaying ads. Further reading: Before you can sell advertising space, you need to have your own property first. Then, you will need to build a following so when you put up ads, there will be visitors on your property. Check out this guide by Matthew Woodward.
44. Narrate audiobooks and voice-oversAre you a fan of audiobooks? Did you know that the one who’s doing the voice-over isn’t the author of the book? That’s what audiobook narrators are for and many of them are paid handsomely for it (at the lowest, expect 5,000 pesos for an hour of finished audio). One of the websites out there that hire narrators is the Audiobook Creation Exchange or ACX. The best thing here is that you can usually choose how you would like to get paid. You can do it by per-finished-hour rate or you can share royalties from sales. Further reading: Unfortunately, there are few Filipino books needing to be narrated. But it’s certainly possible for you to narrate English books, as long as you have the right voice and accent for the job. Check out this awesome guide from Mental Floss about the secrets of audiobook narrators.Sellfy, they are putting the figures between a thousand to 2,500 pesos per post for accounts that are new or have fewer than 100k followers. For those with a lot of followers, it’s possible to ask for more than 50k pesos a post. Kathryn Bernardo is a good example of a popular figure in the Philippines that has Instagram deals. The bottom line, you can earn money just by being popular on Instagram. Further reading: Of course, you can build your Instagram without thinking too much about it. But there are also others out there who are thinking about monetizing their Instagram accounts even before starting one. If you want to become an Instagram influencer, read this article written by Elise Darma on her website.
46. Write articles for companiesPeople have been writing articles since the paper was invented. Businesses hire freelance writers for their content strategy and help them increase their credibility and reach in the marketplace. Freelance article writers use different tactics to find clients. Those with an active blog (or website) usually have a “Hire me” page like this one from the popular freelance writer Elna Cain: Writing articles for companies can be done with just your laptop and an internet connection. It couldn’t be any simpler than that, which makes it a good online money-making activity. Further reading: If you want to get started, you need to know how to find writing opportunities online. You can learn on your own or you can start with a guide such as the one made by Work Pajama to help you with your freelance article writing journey.
47. Offer content marketing servicesBusinesses will always want to increase their online presence through high-quality content. That’s where content marketers come in. They create a tailor-fit content marketing strategy and help execute it. In the Philippines, only a handful of businesses are practicing content marketing. But in the US, many of them realize the power of content and how it could potentially bring in lots of customers. That’s one of the reasons why content marketing salary in the US is almost a thousand pesos per hour according to PayScale. Take note that when it comes to content marketing, you must be familiar with content strategies that would help a client increase his online presence. Further reading: There are a lot of resources you can use to learn about content marketing. One of the best articles you can read is what Neil Patel discussed on his blog.HuffPost how he was able to make around 3 million pesos in a year. Fortunately, you don’t really need a bachelor’s degree in journalism or even in writing. All you need is the willingness to learn and the motivation to earn experiences. Further reading: There are different ways for you to earn from online journalism. The Journalism website has a nice guide on how you could work as a freelance journalist.
49. Become a freelance copywriterOn this list, becoming a freelance copywriter is one of the ways you can earn millions in a month. If you’re not familiar with copywriting, it’s still a type of writing but with the intent and purpose of advertising or selling a particular product or service. Copyhackers ran a copywriter salary survey in 2017 and found out that more than 50% of the respondents are earning more than 2 million pesos a year — and that’s the lowest bracket. Some copywriters charge by the hour or per project. But those who earn more actually charge a small upfront fee and ask for a percentage of the sales. Further reading: There’s a lot of opportunities here for you to earn here. Most money comes from international clients who are selling high-priced products and services. Jacob McMillen wrote a comprehensive guide about this on his website.
50. Earn by proofreading contentIf you prefer proofreading and editing content rather than writing from scratch, then you will like this idea better. Many people hire a proofreader to go through their documents and check for any surface errors like misspelling and grammar mistakes. There are even writers who hire out proofreaders to check their work. Caitlin Pyle shared on her blog how she was able to earn more than 2 million pesos in a year. To get started, there are a lot of proofreading posts you can find on Upwork. Further reading: If you need a fresher about finding online proofreading jobs, check out what The Work At Home Wife wrote. In the article, you will also find how much you can expect to earn from remote proofreading.
51. Write business plansIf you’ve been browsing freelance platforms and similar marketplaces, you must have seen job posts about business plan writing. Businesses, especially those looking for investors, want to present their strategies the best way possible. That’s where a business plan writer comes in. To give you an idea of how much you could earn, Businessplans.com, even with their old-looking website, is earning almost more than 20k pesos per business plan. Imagine how much well-established business plan writing firms like Growthink and Wise Business Plans are earning. Further reading: When there’s a well-written business plan, that business’s chance of securing funding increases. With that in mind, you can easily deduce that those who have brought more success to their clients are paid higher. If you want to get started, read this article about how to start a business plan writing service.
52. Offer legal writing servicesAre you familiar with the laws and regulations of the country? Did you have law classes? Are you a lawyer yourself? Legal writing isn’t a simple writing job. You will have to create legal documents and even carry out legal research when necessary. There’s a lot of money in legal writing — even better if your clients are from the US. Glassdoor estimates that the average base pay of a legal writer is close to 2 million pesos a year. In addition to legal documents, clients may also task you with creating other forms of content in the legal industry like blog articles, news stories, and even social media posts. Further reading: Unfortunately, legal writing isn’t for everyone. Most companies needing a legal writer have strict requirements (like a law degree). The Freelance Writing Jobs website created a detailed article on how to become a legal writer.
53. Write cover letters for othersAs you may know, not everyone is good at selling their services (or themselves) to others. That’s where cover letter writers come in. They help individuals get hired (or accepted into an organization) by writing their cover letters. Think of this like the next step in writing business plans. Depending on how effective your cover letters are, you can charge as high as 20k pesos per project like this Fiverr listing. As long as companies are hiring, there will always be a cover letter to be written. Further reading: The cool thing here is that you can actually start writing cover letters for others (though not as expensive as shown in the image above). To learn more about writing cover letters, check the guide from ResumeGenius.
54. Become a LinkedIn guruLinkedIn is like Facebook, but for professionals. Although it’s technically a social media platform, professionals have been using LinkedIn as an online platform to network with others and find better opportunities. The problem is, not everyone knows how to use LinkedIn’s potential to find clients and opportunities. That’s why you’ll find lots of similar questions in Quora… This is where you come in. If you could learn how to use LinkedIn the best way possible to attract clients, then you will have legions of customers willing to pay you money. Further reading: LinkedIn and Facebook may both be social media platforms, but the atmosphere on LinkedIn is quite different. It’s more formal and professional. If you want to become a LinkedIn guru, better check HubSpot’s article on LinkedIn marketing.
55. Be a travel consultant or agentAlthough the country is still in lockdown (the lowest form), other countries are now easing up on their travel restrictions. This means any executives, businessmen, or even just regular people can travel without difficulty. Many of them would want help from a travel consultant. A travel consultant or an agent helps a client with their travel needs by assessing their budgets, needs, likes, and dislikes. Amazingly, according to this article from Connectzapp, you can earn anywhere from a thousand pesos per hour to almost twice that amount. Although the pandemic has clearly disrupted travels around the world, it would not be long now until it’s restored. So if you would like to become a travel consultant or agent, today is the best time to learn and prepare. Further reading: A travel agent’s job is more complicated than a consultant. You have to coordinate travel methods (plane, road, sea) as well as arrange the accommodation of your client. Make sure to read the guide by Connectzapp before you proceed.
56. Buy and sell websitesBuying and selling could be quite profitable. A case study from Empire Flippers showed how someone named Doug was able to sell a website for half a million pesos in less than a year. When selling websites, the price is always based, at the very least, on a x12 multiplier. That is, your website can sell for at least 12 times the amount of how much it’s earning from different monetization methods. Websites that are older, have more growing traffic and profit, and higher domain authority sells the highest. Jacob Millen, a popular copywriter and content marketer, spent around 3 million pesos to buy a recipe website at the start of 2020. After a few months, it’s bringing him more than 150k pesos a month. There are two paths you can go with this. First, you can either build a profitable blog and then sell it afterward. Or, you can buy domains, build them up, earn in the process, and sell them again. For a start, you can create a website hosted on z.com for as low as a hundred pesos per month. Further reading: The problem with buying and selling domains is that you could end up buying a dying domain or an unprofitable one. If you don’t know how to examine a website yourself, you need professional guidance. Check out how Yaro Starak did it.
57. Buy and sell domainsIt’s not only websites you could buy and sell — even domains too. If you have experienced creating a website from scratch, you must have known that so many unique domain names are taken already. That’s where the market lies. You could buy a unique domain name and relist it somewhere else for a higher price. You could even sell a domain for more than 250k pesos that you bought for 50 pesos, as declared by this article from Beginners Passive Income. When looking for a good domain, consider these things:
- It should be short — the shorter the better.
- It should be memorable and readable.
- It should make for a good brand name.
- It should be keyword rich.
58. Offer tech support servicesIn the Philippines, it’s almost impossible to not know anyone who’s working as a call center agent. Since most Filipinos are good at English, many are opting to work at a call center (especially that it has a significantly higher pay). But even without going to call centers, you can still offer tech support services online. In OnlineJobs alone, there are thousands of job posts about needing support personnel. Here’s an example: This way, you will be working with your client directly on assisting his or her customers. Further reading: Basically, all you need to get started aside from the equipment and tools is good English and technical know-how. Before you dive headfirst, read this article from The Balance Career about the important skills for tech support jobs.
59. Solicit orders as a telemarketerTelemarketing is a job that’s commonly offered in call centers aside from tech support services. The work is straightforward — you call customers and persuade them to buy or try the services or products of the company. Once you get a sale, you get a commission in addition to your regular salary. According to PayScale, telemarketers earn on average an hourly rate of almost a hundred pesos. The good news is, once you work with an international client directly (from freelance platforms), you can earn even more than that. Further reading: Primarily, you need to be good in personal relations and in selling to earn more. If you want to get started, there are a lot of online resources you can read including this article from GSA Business Development.
60. Trade and invest in stocksStock trading is one of the best investment methods out there. But there certainly people out there who were able to make a comfortable living from trading the right stocks at the right moment. Since online stock trading became a thing, thousands of Filipinos have dipped their hands in it. This made it easier for anyone to start trading stocks. Among the online stockbrokers in the Philippines include COL Financial, First Metro Security, and BDO Nomura. Some are in for the long haul while others are consistently tracking which stocks have risen and fallen so they can act on it right away. Further reading: Stock trading can be tricky. One wrong move and you can say goodbye to your capital. That’s why it’s important that you learn everything about stock trading first, all the ins and the outs. Grit PH has a good article on that.
61. Earn money from Forex tradingForex trading is similar to stocks trading — only that you’re trading currencies rather than company stocks. The idea of forex trading is simple — you buy a certain amount of currency and then, you sell it when its value increases. To start trading currencies, you need to use a platform like Forex.com: Take note that similar to stocks trading, there’s really no assurance that you could earn money unless you’re willing to stick with it long-term. However, that’s not to say no people was able to earn from short-selling their currencies. Further reading: The idea of forex trading may be simple. But you will be surprised will all the little things that go with it. If you want to start trading currencies, better read BabyPips.com’s guide about trading forex.
62. Cryptocurrency miningCould you earn from cryptocurrency? Of course, even if you’re not investing in it like how you would invest in stocks. The method here is different — you mine cryptocurrencies by verifying blockchain transactions and adding them to a digital ledger. However, for you to earn from cryptocurrency mining, you need to have a strong, dedicated unit for it (especially a graphics processing unit or GPU). Or, you can also use a cloud platform like Genesis Mining. Naturally, you would earn more if you have your own dedicated unit. But this is costly. However, if you already have a decent gaming computer, it’s a good way to earn passively while you sleep. Further reading: If you go with the unit-route, then you need to know how to choose the best hardware for mining (depending on your target coins). Learn more from this awesome article from Cointelegraph about cryptocurrency mining.
63. Rent your spare room on AirbnbIf you have a real estate property of your own, you can have it rented using Airbnb. Since the government has eased travel restrictions on the country (but still not totally), there will be a lot of people who would want to unwind and travel to their local vacation sites. Depending on your property, it’s possible to earn at least 50k pesos a month according to Moneymax. However, make sure that it won’t be your sole source of income since the demand for it is still lower compared to pre-covid times. Further reading: Before having your spare room rented out on Airbnb, read this article first from Moneymax about the helpful tips for first-time hosts. Since the article is locally written, it’s been recently updated to reflect the current situation in the Philippines.
64. Open a digital bills payment businessThere’s a reason why Bayad Centers in the Philippines are progressing — Filipinos will always prefer convenience. Without services like Bayad Centers, you will have to wait in line when you pay for water and electricity bills. The cool thing is that you can actually start your own bills payment business. For example, with the help of GCash or Coins, you can already start accepting customers. Naturally, you can also create your own app and contact each vendor. But this takes a lot of resources on your side. Further reading: If you want to learn more, you can read Chron’s article on how to start a payment center business in the philippines.
65. Start an e-loading businessStarting an e-loading business requires only a small capital (as little as 2,000 pesos). It’s also a business you can operate at the very confines of your home. Although it may not be that profitable, it’s not a bad idea to earn a little income. LoadXtreme is an example of a load retailer that can help you start your business: In addition, there are a few retailers who are operating in a sort of multilevel marketing scheme. That is, you don’t only earn from customers, you also earn from referring others to join the e-loading business. Further reading: The steps you need to take to start an e-loading business may be obvious — just pick a load retailer and reach out to them. If you need more information, Moneymax has a good guide for it.
66. Become an online fitness trainerAlthough Filipinos can now move around the city and its neighboring places, most people still avoid gathering areas like the gym. This led to a lot of gym trainers to use the internet to supplement their income. Because of the pandemic, it’s really a good time to put up an online fitness business. A lot of Filipinos want to work out but can’t or won’t go to the gym. This is where the opportunity lies. Globe compiled a few examples of studios that are offering online classes. The good thing is that you don’t need to be a gym trainer to become an online fitness trainer. As long as you know what you’re doing, customers who need guidance will be flocking to you. Further reading: Shifting from in-person training to online training isn’t easy especially if you’re not used to talking with someone in front of the camera. AFPA Fitness has a nice guide on how to become a personal trainer online.
67. Offer database consultancy servicesCompanies and organizations that are harnessing information assets have a database to store all their data. But managing a database isn’t easy. Complex problems could arise that are almost impossible to solve without expertise and experience. To combat this, companies usually hire someone to manage the database as shown in the image below (from an Upwork job post): As you can see, companies pay well for these services. Further reading: Unfortunately, becoming a database consultant (or even offering any type of database services) is impossible without knowledge and experience. But if you want to get started, Tutorialspoints has a comprehensive tutorial for it.
68. Offer system integration servicesIf you’ve got experience in application integrations and solutions, you could become a system integration specialist. You will be in charge of troubleshooting any existing application integrations and provide technical support to the development team. Here’s an example from Indeed of a company looking for a system integration specialist: Usually, companies will need you to have a degree in computer science or engineering. But there are also others who are open to accepting anyone who can demonstrate the expertise they need. Further reading: Learning about systems integration can’t be done in a week or a month. But rest assured that once you know how to do it, you could also get paid handsomely. If you want to know more about system integration, check out this article from Folio3 Dynamics.
69. Become a marketing consultantMany marketing freelancers end up becoming a marketing consultant. As one, you become an outside advisor that helps create marketing strategies, detailed plans, marketing messages, and identify different marketing methods to help achieve the marketing goal. In the Philippines, you will find a lot of job ads about needing a marketing consultant. Some of them can even be found on JobStreet (as in the image below). Some of the job ads may require your physical presence. However, since digital marketing is done online, you’re always welcome to try and ask the company if you could work remotely. Further reading: Becoming a marketing consultant isn’t rocket science. However, you must be familiar with the different marketing methods that currently exist. Can I Rank has a comprehensive guide about how you can get started as a successful digital marketing consultant.
70. Start a digital marketing agencyMarketing freelancers who are in-demand usually end up training other people and creating an agency to handle their flow of requests. If you’re confident with your digital marketing skills, you can always duplicate yourself by training others. Note that this method is a level higher than being a consultant. With an agency, you need management skills to manage talents and clients. For inspiration, here’s a Reddit post about realistic revenues for a first year digital marketing agency. The answers vary but they all seem to agree that you can possibly earn more than a million pesos in a year. Take note that it’s not that easy to replicate. Training others to be as efficient as you takes time. Further reading: Before you can train others, you need to develop the necessary skills first (if you don’t have any marketing skills yet). WordStream has a comprehensive article on how to start your own digital marketing agency.
71. Offer SEO servicesSearch engine optimization (SEO) is the process of optimizing a website and its pages to achieve higher rankings on the search engine results. More and more companies are hiring SEOs to increase their website traffic from search engines. According to research published in the Search Engine Journal, on average, SEO freelancers and agencies are earning $119 per hour. To get better at SEO, you need to be a good content writer and understand what your audience wants. This is especially vital since Google wants to offer the best and relevant content to their users. Further reading: SEO has a lot of subtopics including on-page SEO, off-page SEO, link-building, and many others. Brian Dean, one of the renowned SEO professionals, helps others learn about SEO on his website, Backlinko.
72. Offer search engine marketing servicesSearch engine marketing (or SEM) may be an unfamiliar term to others. Basically, it’s a type of marketing where you use paid ads that appear on the search engine results on certain search queries. For example, if you try searching for “cheap domain”, you will find a few entries that are labeled as “Ad”: Search engine marketing is different from search engine optimization. You get your ads show almost instantly instead of having to wait for a few months to show up in Google. Further reading: Search engine marketing can become quite tricky. It’s also hard to get your first client since most of them will ask about your experience. It’s only natural since they will be investing money for the ads. Read more about SEM on WordStream.
73. Manage social media handlesEntrepreneurs, executives, and even celebrities have their hands full on all the things they have to do. Most of them don’t have time to spend hours managing their social media accounts, replying to every message and comment on their posts. That’s why there are almost 5,000 listings on Upwork for social media managers. Here’s a good job that offers anywhere around 300 pesos per hour to almost a thousand pesos per hour: If you’re active on social media most of the time, then you’re probably a good fit for this job. Becoming a certified Facebook Blueprint professional will definitely increase your odds. Further reading: If you want to learn more about how to become a social media manager, check out this post from DollarSprout. Aside from knowing the basics like which platform to master and focus on, the guide will also show you specific steps on how to start.
74. Become a social media marketerSocial media marketing is quite different from social media management. Social media marketing is more of a marketing work rather than an admin task. When you’re a social media marketer, you have to find ways to reach new customers and increase conversion. According to PayScale, a social media marketer earns about 700 pesos per hour on average. With social media marketing, it’s not enough to have experience growing a social media account’s followers. You need to have a mindset of a marketer. Further reading: When working as a social media marketer, you need to start with a plan or a social strategy on how to achieve the business’s goals. Social Media Examiner has a comprehensive guide on social media marketing for businesses.
75. Become an advertising managerHave you seen those advertisement banners on Facebook? Chances are, they are managed by someone who’s not an in-house employee of that company. As an ads manager, you can get paid a lot especially if you know how to tweak the ads in your client’s favor. Latasha of Arts and Budgets has interviewed Becky from Splash Owl Media. She revealed in the interview how she was able to earn $100 per day from managing Facebook ads. Becoming an ads manager is a good complement to social media management skills since many businesses run ads on social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram. Further reading: Many ad managers are making even more money by asking for a commission for every sale that came out from an ads campaign that they designed. If you want to learn more about managing ads, check out this Buffer article.
76. Offer digital public relations servicesMany businesses rely on public relations to level up their online presence. With the right network, you can reach out to millions of potential buyers and cause demand generation for your products or services. That’s why there are lots of PR jobs on Upwork like the one below. Successful PR can land a business high-quality backlinks and even mentions on social media platforms. Further reading: There are a lot of opportunities for digital public relations. The pay is on the higher end too especially if you’re handling international clients. If you want to learn more about digital PR, check out this article from Digital Marketing Institute.
77. Find and sell leads to businessesBusinesses will always need leads to convert to customers. Many of them don’t have a lead generation expert to provide them with leads. They prefer to buy leads in bulk. There are also lead aggregators who would buy leads to sell them to their own network of buyers. By the way, there are certain international laws about selling data to third-parties. Rest assured that as long as you were able to demonstrate that the data was obtained in compliance with those laws and that those people knew their data could be sold. You can read more about on Lexology and the European Union’s official website. If you’re not sure how much to sell your list, there are websites like Lead Roster where you can get an idea for the price. On average, you can actually sell your list for 5 pesos a lead. Further reading: In the future, you can even turn this online money-making activity into a full lead generation company. But to start, you have to learn first how to sell your leads. Boberdoo has a nice article about that.
78. Become an online counselorCounseling is an in-person service. But since the pandemic started, counseling shifted to an online service. This is usually done via Skype and Facebook video chat. Counselors also use email and instant messaging to supplement it. If you have the right licenses and qualifications, you can start your own practice online, similar to what Melissa Parks did. The most common types of online counseling include:
- Grief counseling
- Anger management
- Marriage and family counseling