HOW TO ADD A RECORD
The A record is a type of DNS entry or resource that is used to point a domain or subdomain to an IP address.
Interestingly, we have automatically setup the A records for your domains hosted with us. Hence, there no need for you to create this DNS record as it will be marked as duplicate.
To start the setup, ensure that your domain name is pointing to Z.COM DNS server, kindly do a WHOIS lookup and check if the domain nameservers are ours. Else, refer to our article on how to update your nameservers.
Now that your domain name is pointing to our DNS, you can follow the steps below to add an A record to your domain DNS zone;
1. Sign in to your account on Z.COM with your username and password
2. Click on “DNS” from the top navigation bar:
3. Click the “ + Domain” button (a) to add the domain name to the DNS list;
4. Enter the domain name (b) whose DNS zone you wish to add the A record, then, click “Save” (c):
5. Click on the newly added domain (d) from the list to open its DNS record section;
6. Click the pencil icon (e) to make the record editable:
7. You can now add your A record(s), using the following details after clicking the “+” icon beneath the NS records:
TTL: 3600 (This is the default Time-to-Live per connection before timeout or retry)
Here is an example:
8. You can use the “+” icon to add more records and don’t forget to click the “Save” button once you’ve added all your records.
9. You can now sit back for about 30 minutes to allow DNS propagation.
10. That’s all.
DNS propagation may take up to 48 hours in few cases, if this period elapses and you still can’t establish a connection, then, contact our support team for assistance.