HOW TO MANAGE YOUR DNS
The Domain Name System (DNS) is a core area in domain management as it takes the burden of resolving domain routes based on predefined settings or records.
DNS records are the major components of this multi-tiered system which are made available to domain administrators to allow them set rules or modify how their domain is routed. This functionality is relevant for setting up more security as seen in mail authentication or domain verification parameters for third party services such as G Suite, Shopify, Microsoft Office 365 and lots more.
To access and manage your DNS on Z.COM, simply follow the steps below;
1. Sign in to your Z.COM account using your username and password
2. Click on “DNS” from the top navigation bar:
3. Click the “ + Domain” (a) button to add the domain name to the DNS list
4. Enter the domain name (b) whose DNS zone you wish to modify, then, click “Save” (c):
5. Click on the newly added domain (d) from the list to open its DNS record section
6. Click the pencil icon (e) to make the record editable:
7. Click the “+” icon beneath the NS records to add your DNS entries:
8. Once you are done entering the records, click the “Save” button
9. Allow about 30 minutes for the DNS changes to propagate
10. And that’s all.
Please note that DNS propagation takes up to 48hours in few cases. If this period is exceeded and the connection is not established, then, you can contact our support team for further assistance.