HOW TO TRANSFER DOMAINS FROM NAMECHEAP TO Z.COM
Domain forwarding or redirect is a domain management functionality that allows you to redirect your domain visitors to another domain or website.
There are so many applications that requires such functionalities such as ensuring that all similar domains gets forwarded to the main website (e.g. facbook.com redirects to facebook.com).
It takes a set of simple steps to forward your domain on Z.COM as shown below:
1. Login to your account on Z.COM, using your username and password
2. Click on “Domain” from the top navigation bar:
3. Form the left navigation panel, click “Redirection Settings”:
4. Once the Domain Forwarding page is loaded, click the “+ Redirection Settings” button to setup a new domain forwarder:
5. You can now fill the Domain Forwarding form with the following details:
a. Forwarding Type: URL Forwarding
b. Redirect Type: We recommend “301”
c. URL forwarded from: Specify the URL to be forwarded or redirected (Don’t fill-in “www” for subdomain)
d. www. Redirection: Forward all (This will redirect the domain with or without “www”)
e. URL to be forwarded to: Enter the destination URL
f. Sub directory: On
g. Name Server Update: Yes, tick it
6. Click the “Save” button once you are done
7. Allow about 30 minutes for the forwarder to become active and that’s all.
It is important to note that you can only setup a forwarder or redirect to a domain registered with Z.COM.
For further guidance on this, feel free to contact our support team and we will be glad to help.