- General, Knowledge Base, Web Hosting
HOW TO INSTALL WORDPRESS USING CPANEL
WordPress is one of the most widely used content management systems and is used on 34% of all websites, 60% of content management websites and 28% of e-commerce sites. It has been in use since it was first created in 2003 and has a huge ecosystem of developers and addons working on it. That ecosystem means there is almost nothing you can not do with WordPress. There is always a plugin available or help available somewhere. Its ease of use is probably what made it popular and there are thousands of themes available to help you get the look you want on your site. If you are looking to start a business website with details of your services, to write a travel blog, to start a business selling subscriptions to content or start an ecommerce store, all of it can be done easily with WordPress. It has great tools available to help with Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), security, membership groups, forms, surveys, payments and many others.
cPanel has made installing Worpress very easy and we are going to use Installatron for this task.
Video Tutorial: https://youtu.be/C-fQi7WwjKA
1. In your find functions box type “installatron” and click on its icon.
2. Click on the “Wordpress” icon.
3. Click “Install this application”.
4. You can leave most options at their defaults.
a. If you need WordPress installed in a sub-directory (not generally recommended) you can fill in the directory name.
b. We advise that you fill in your email address to ensure you receive any important updates from the site.
c. Click Show Password to reveal the administrator password.
d. Make note of the administrator username and password.
5. Click “Install”.
6. The install will proceed and give you a progress update as it does.
7. Once the installation is complete the system gives you a nice summary screen. At this point click on the “wp-admin link” which will take you to the newly installed WordPress page, login with the username and password you noted earlier.