If you’re running an online business, it’s understandable that you want to get notified about every update.
Nothing is more exciting than knowing someone bought another product from your store. You might also want to be the first to know about customer feedback.
If you’re in front of the computer, that’s not really an issue. But if you’re not, then one of your likely options is to receive an email notification straight from your smartphone.
In this article, let’s talk about how to set up your Gmail account and a business email account on your Android phone.
Let’s get started.
How to set up Gmail on Android
Android devices have good integration with Google — which is why you must’ve logged in to a Google account when you first got your phone.
Logging in to your Google account from the start automatically logs you into Google services and apps including Gmail and the Google Play Store.
If you have logged in with your personal Gmail account and you want to add your business Gmail account, you can easily do so from the Gmail app.
Before you do, check first that your Gmail app is updated to the latest version by following these steps:
- Find and open the Google Play Store app from your Android phone.
- Search for the Gmail app using the search bar.
- If you see an “Update” button, press on it.
Otherwise, if the button says “Open”, it only means you already have the latest version.
Note: Different Android phone brands have their own default email app. Although we’re using the Gmail app in this article, the steps are more or less similar even if you use the default mail app.
With that, here are the rest of the steps on how to add another Gmail account on your Android phone:
1. Open your Gmail app (you can easily do so by clicking on the “Open” button from the Google Play Store).
2. Press the account image on the top-right part of the page.
3. On the new window, press the “Add another account”.
4. Select “Google” on the next page.
5. Provide the Gmail address and enter the password on the next page.
With that, you can now use and manage your personal Gmail account as well as the new one you added to your device.
Besides this, you can also use Gmail (as well as the default email app on your phone) to manage your non-Google email.
How to set up business email on Android
The Gmail app experience is similar on all Android devices, which is why it’s a great app to use in managing all your email messages.
It’s also easy to add your business email that’s not from Google, even if it’s a custom email that has a unique domain name (like the one you use for your website).
For example, my business email address is firstname.lastname@example.org that’s hosted on z.com. It’s a good email address that bears the name of the business or website.
Note: The steps in adding a business email with a custom domain name vary a little depending on the web hosting provider you’re using. On the other hand, the steps are generally the same no matter what email app you use.
With that, let’s proceed with the first part — finding the email settings.
How to find the email settings
To successfully add a business email with a custom domain name to Gmail, you need the email settings from your hosting provider.
If you’re using z.com, you can easily find this from the cPanel dashboard.
Here are the steps:
1. Log in to the client area of z.com first.
2. Once you’re inside, click on your active web hosting product where your email address resides.
3. Then, click on the “Email Accounts” button from the “Quick Shortcuts” box.
4. Select the email address you want to add and click on the “Connect Devices” button on the right side.
5. On the next page, you will see a box that contains all the information you need to set up the incoming server settings.
Z.com shows you the secure email settings by default. But if you wish to use the non-secure settings, you will find a link below the box.
If you can’t find these settings from the hosting provider you’re using, send them a message and ask for the email settings.
How to set up a custom email account
Now that you have everything you need, let’s go back to the Gmail app and continue setting up a custom email account.
Here are the steps:
1. Similar to the steps earlier, tap the account picture on the upper-right corner and press “Add another account”.
2. This time, tap the “Other” option on the next page since you’re now adding an email account from a custom domain name.
3. Enter the email address and then tap the “Manual Setup” button at the bottom.
4. On the next page, you will have to choose the type of account you want to set your email account with. This simply refers to the email protocol the app will use.
You can choose either type — though we recommend using the “Personal (IMAP)” option so your inbox is synced with all the devices you’re using.
5. Enter your password on the next page and tap the “Next” button.
6. The next step is where you enter the incoming server settings. As you may have noticed, the username and password are already filled out. What’s left here is to make sure the server field has the correct details. Tap the “Next” button to proceed.
7. On the next page, do the same for the outgoing server settings and make sure the “Require signin” option is enabled. and tap the “Next” button once you’re all done.
8. Once you’re done with outer server settings, you will then move on to the account options.
This is where you can set up account options like the following:
- Email checking frequency: This option lets you choose how frequently your device will check new emails. An important point here is that the more frequently your device checks for new emails, the more battery it will drain.
- Notify me when the email arrives: Check this option if you want to stay updated with each new mail.
- Sync email from this account: Keep this option checked if you want your emails to be checked automatically.
Once you’re satisfied with the account options, press the “Next” button.
After the app creates your account, you will be able to change the name displayed on sent messages.
Press the “Next” button to finish the entire setup.
How to reconfigure the incoming/outgoing server settings
If you got it working the first time, which means you can send and receive emails, then all is fine. But if something went wrong, there’s no need to go through the entire process again.
Simply follow these steps:
1. On the Gmail app, press the profile picture on the top-right corner. On the new window, press the “Manage accounts on this device” option.
2. On the next page, press the email account that you recently added. You can also add another account from this page.
3. Then, press the “Account settings” to reconfigure the incoming/outgoing server settings (as well as other settings available).
4. On the next page, click again on the specific email account.
You should then see the various settings you can change. The server settings are on the bottom of the page.
Simply click on which setting you would like to change.
After you click on either the incoming or outgoing server settings, a window will pop up where you can reconfigure the server settings as well as the port the app is using.
Press on the “Done” button after making the changes.
Can you use the host’s webmail on android phones?
One of the most common questions is whether or not it’s possible to access your web host’s webmail straight on your android phone.
That’s because some people find it a bit of a hassle to go through the Gmail setup and prefer to visit the host’s webmail directly.
With z.com, it’s fairly easy. You still have to go through the login process, go to your hosting plan, and access the “Email Accounts” feature.
Once you do, you will see the same buttons, including the “Check Email” button.
Then, you should be able to see your email account inbox like the screenshot shown below.
Note that this is done using z.com. This isn’t an assurance that the process will be as easy or similar with other hosting providers.
If you don’t want to use the Gmail app, the other option you have is to use the default email application on your android phone.
There should be a mail/email app installed by default on your phone. You can follow more or less the same process of adding an email account from there.
Set up your email account on your android phone easily
You can see from the steps above that adding a new email account on your android phone is not that difficult as long as you have the mail client settings beforehand.
If you don’t have it and you can’t find it on your hosting dashboard, contact your hosting provider and ask for the details from them.
If you’re using z.com, you can also use the webmail directly from the browser without installing anything. The option is to use your phone’s default email app and add the email account there.
Are you looking for a way to easily set up your company email? Use z.com’s hosting plans and get a free .com domain and free email accounts.