When registering a domain, you must provide and maintain a publicly viewable database that displays personal contact information.
However, every domain purchase with Z.com comes with our free WHOIS privacy protection service automatically applied upon registration. This service hides your contact information and replaces it with unique anonymous information, which means any personal information you share with Z.com will remain with us.
If you already have an existing domain, you can check your WHOIS privacy protection is enabled automatically for free. Also, you can turn WHOIS privacy protection on or off anytime from your Z.com account.
- Go to our Sign-in page. Enter your email address and password, and proceed to log in.
- Click My Domains directly from the Domains drop-down menu on the top navigation bar.
- Click on the settings icon on the right side of your domain.
- Click Registrar Lock on the left side under Manage.
- By default, the Registrar Lock of your domain is Enabled upon registration. Click Disable Registrar Lock to disable the Registrar Lock of your domain.