The DNS A record, short for “Address“, is a fundamental DNS record used to link a domain name to an IPv4 address or host. It serves as a way to direct a domain or subdomain to an easily remembered internet address.
This record is commonly employed for website hosting purposes. It resolves the domain name to an IPv4 address provided by the website’s host or manager, distinct from email-related DNS records like MX or AAAA records used for IPv6 addresses.
1. Go to our Sign-in page. Enter your Email Address and Password, and proceed to log in.
2. Click on the Domains drop-down menu and click My Domains.
3. Click on the settings icon on the right side of your domain.
4. Click DNS Management on the left side under Manage.
5. Click Go to cPanel.
6. Click + A Record.
8. Add the A record accordingly before saving changes by clicking Add An A Record.